Friday, September 24, 2010

Revision Campaign

I'm sure you didn't notice, but, today is 'Freckles' sixth month anniversary.
And curiously, it is now that I decided to revised my old chapters.
(edit : forgot to post it, therefore the anniversary was yesterday)

Six months ago I started writing for the very first time and now, I think that I had gotten slightly better. When I happen to read a bit of one of the first chapters I'm so tempted to revise it, even just a little, and make them more 'readable'

I rewrote the first chapter entirely but the events and dialogs are the same.
On the other hand, 2 to 5 will be very different. New events and I'll also include the latest details about Luffy and Ace's childhood given in the post-Marinefold arc.

This is a difficult task, I am questioning myself a lot but I really feel that it is needed.

As for the chapter that came after the 5th, most of them will only be lightly revised (even though I actually find myself adding a lot of words...). I already started with 6th (now entitled Omen), and 7th (Reunion) and they have been uploaded.
Ace's shirtlessness has been discarded and little other things have been changed.
8th is a bit more difficult though. I found myself hating the whole 'take the original scene and put Eli and Ace inside' thing. Therefore I will (I am) rewrite it entirely.

It takes time, obviously, plus I have to write new chapters for Freckles at the same time...

I think I am crazy.

On another note !
For this sixth month anniversary I got a WONDERFUL gift !
It is beautiful... Really, it's like... wow...
Yet, I'm too lazy (and busy) to take pictures of it now :P

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment