I don't know where I heard it first, a movie maybe... Anyway, as soon as I heard it I fell it love with this love song.
Its music, the voice of its multiple interprets and the lyrics...
Now, you might wonder what it has to do with my fanfiction 'Freckles'.
Well, recently I've been listening to it and, as I sang (ouch) the lyrics, I noticed that they fitted a bit how Ace saw Eli.
Ever since I started writing this fic, a question has been torturing me; why the hell would a man like him fall for a girl like her ?
Very much like Eli, I felt that she wasn't 'worthy' of him.
But, somehow, whenever I listen to this song, I can actually feel Ace's love for the stupid girl.
The song (sang by Ella Fitzgerald) and here are the lyrics :
Behold the way our fine feathered friend,
His virtue doth parade.
Thou knowest not, my dim-witted friend
The picture thou hast made.
Thy vacant brow, and thy tousled hair
Conceal thy good intent.
Thou noble upright truthful sincere,
And slightly dopey gent.
You're my funny valentine,
Sweet comic valentine,
You make me smile with my heart.
Your looks are laughable, un-photographable,
Yet, you're my favorite work of art.
Is your figure less than Greek ?
Is your mouth a little weak ?
When you open it to speak, are you smart ?
But, don't change a hair for me.
Not if you care for me.
Stay little valentine, stay !
Each day is Valentine's Day
Is your figure less than Greek ?
Is your mouth a little weak ?
When you open it to speak, are you smart ?
But, don't change a hair for me.
Not if you care for me.
Stay little valentine, stay !
Each day is Valentine's Day.
'You make me smile with my heart', isn't that the sweetest thing ?
No comments:
Post a Comment